Friday, May 18, 2007

Contemplation

As I sit and contemplate,

The journey of my terrible plight,

I feel the jaws of deep despair,

And wonder if my Lord is there.

Oh how can such a rich reward,

Be thwarted by this tragic death,

That leads us all to gasp for breath-and realize,

That life itself is but a spell,

That leads to emotional hell.

But wait I hear a still small voice,

It is familiar- I hear it thrice,

It says-don't cry-don't cry-don't cry,

This life is but the wink of an eye.

I will be with you again-its true,

Our lives will touch and start anew,

How glorious then will be the day,

When i see you and you shall say,

"I love you!"

A poem by Joan Wood

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, This is Yoshiko, your sister.

How are you and your family doing?
I just wanted to say Hi, and I am really really really glad that I had chance to know your(and my Canadian) father. the time I spent with him was short, but I know he is one great, wonderful, kind, talented man, and more than that. I wish I could have been in japan when your parents came to visit my home, but I am so glad that my parents had chance to meet them.

just to let you know, I am graduating from BYU in this August. I am thankful for you and your brother that you gave me a choice to go to BYU. I would not be here otherwise.

How is your BMW? Are you taking good care of him? I want to see him someday soon. Ren and I will have our birthday in 5 days.

Say hello to everyone for me please.

Love Yoshiko

Mehgan Knauf said...

What a beautiful poem! I will have to tell your Mom myself next time I see her! Love yah buddy! Megs

Whidden4 said...

McKay and Joan,
Our family still thinks of yours from time to time; although you are less frequently in our prayers, we will always be connected by your husband/father.
Thank you for sharing this lovely poem.
Sincerely,
John Whidden